Monday, March 21, 2011

Days 6 and 7 - Humidity Emergency!


Well, today is Monday. After being left to their own devices over Sunday, I got in today and the babies are parched! Humidity was at 40 percent! You are all my witnesses that we thought they were doing great on Saturday.

So, I hurridly gave them 5, count them, 5 droppers full of water (and it's a pretty big dropper). They were up to 42 when I had to leave to go do some booktalks and story times at an area school.

I just got back and what do I see? They are at 38 percent! I have now added 10 more droppers! Will keep a constant watch and let you know the increases as they occur.

This picture is similar to the humidity measuring device we use.

At the typing of this post they are now at 43 percent.

4 comments:

  1. Broadway Gal,

    Dump in a whole water bucket! Those chicks won't be tender --er-- I mean, it will stunt their growth if they're dried out during their early egg-sistence.

    ReplyDelete