Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 16 - Making Lists...

It is now definitely time to get ready for the coming babies!  They will be here in less than a week!  I have so much to do!  Here's a list of what I'll be doing over the next few days:

1.  Check on Brooder boxes for the families...they need bedding, water container, feed container.
2.  Organize feed and vitamins...both need to be distributed in bags for the families.
3.  Check on info packets for families...I have to make sure they have all they need for their 2 weeks!
4.  Get our heat lamp ready.  Those babies are used to 99.5 degree heat!  It can't be too cold for them.
5.  Remove eggs from the egg turner.  They have been gently rocked back and forth 24-7 on the egg turner and now on Sunday they are being removed from the egg turner in preparation for them to hatch!  I have a staff member coming in to do that for me on Sunday (Thanks!). 
6.  Print our my chart so we can track what time they hatch, get names down, get assignments for families, and track which eggs don't hatch.  :(
7.  Juice up the camera!  We want to get a few videos of the chicks to share with all of you! 

I feel like I'm forgetting something (I'm sure Cauli will remind me), but I guess those babies will hatch whether or not I'm ready!

I can't wait!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment