Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 5 - Saturday and Humidity...

Saturdays are interesting in the library. We always have our special Saturday Staff going on which means only one staff member in the Youth Department. Today my very capable assistant (also known as Wild Thang) was the lucky staff member working. She texted me with some questions regarding the falling humidity in the incubator. I was at home (my house is undergoing extensive renovations following the recent ice storm) looking through paint colors. A flurry of texts later and the number was up from 55% to about 57% and rising. All is well in the incubator.

I was thinking about famous chickens the other day. Camilla, Gonzo's girlfriend, is one such famous chicken, although if I were Gonzo's girlfriend I'm not sure how I would feel seeing him run after every chicken around simply becase he cannot tell us apart. *sigh* Camilla is a lovely white chicken with blue eyeshadow. I honestly don't know if our chickens will be white. I think some of them might be. Last year we had darling yellow chicks, brown chicks, and some black chicks and they all grew up to be different kinds of chickens. I can't wait to see the babies! Here is a fun video of Gonzo to keep you entertained while we wait for the babies to hatch. If we are lucky, maybe our chickens will also have musical talent!

Click Here for Chicken Video!

3 comments:

  1. Gonzo & Chick Singers are terrific. Sesame Street proves overwhelmingly the value of public television.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild Thang reports that humidity at 3:30 p.m. today was up to 60 percent, following a timely water infusion into the incubator. Egg Sauna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Public Television. But I have to say, I do miss the Muppet Show!

    ReplyDelete