Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 2 - Story Times!

Today is Day 2. According to our books, our chicks (hereafter referred to as "the babies") should be about the size of a couple of specks. Last night was a little hairy...the first day it is very important that the incubator is regulated so that the rest of the waiting period goes smoothly for the babies. At 7:20ish PM we discovered that we were running a few 10ths of a degree on the low side. I knicked up the heat just a smidge and then had to wait an hour to be sure that it didn't go too high.

An anxious night followed.

Arrived this morning and was very relieved to see our temperature resting at exactly where it needed to be. Our humidity looks good too! Now it should stay perfect, barring any power outages... I really hope that doesn't happen.

Today all the Story Time kids were introduced to the babies. It is really fun to see them climb up on the "observation deck" to see into the incubator.

Cauli's spy was here too today. I'm excited that Cauli is so thrilled about the coming babies, but I'm a little skeptical about her intentions...

Cauli's Blog

3 comments:

  1. Don't be alarmed, Broadway Gal. The Babies are perfectly safe. My din-dins always come in tins or grocery bags that The Lady With the Red Hair brings to me. I'm watching my weight, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've still got my eye on you.

    Just because there is a terrific Broadway Musical about cats, called Cats, and based on awesome cat poetry by T.S. Eliot, doesn't mean I will be looking away from your cat prowlings.

    I'm on my guard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Broadway Gal,

    Dropped by right after you left work today to check on the eggs' status. They smell --er-- LOOK fine. My finely-tuned hearing detects movement in a few already! No, wait, that's Scowl-Face's tummy rumbling.

    BTW, how do you operate the incubator open switch? In case of fire or other emergency, naturally.

    That T.S. Eliot was some kinda writer, for sure. Cat poetry is some of the most challenging to write, you know.

    ReplyDelete