Thursday, March 15, 2012

Last two babies out the door!


Our last two chick-a-dees to be fostered left the building around 5:00 tonight.  So that means 5 families are having the unique experience of taking care of baby chicks for two weeks.  It is a lot quieter here now that 11 of our chicks have made their way out into the world.

So, I know I haven't been as prolific in my blogging this year as last and I thought it was about time I tell you all why.  So, Wild Thang, my right hand assistant, is in Philadelphia for the PLA conference.  You can read about it here:  http://mplcatseyeview.blogspot.com/2012/03/i-knew-it-would-come-to-this.html

So that means I've been working hard on chick hatching, doing story times (10 programs total this week that Wild Thang usually does), pulling books for teachers, doing booktalks, and trying to keep my office not look like a bomb was dropped on it and not really succeeding. 

Well, there's always tomorrow. 

Wild Thang is going to return and find the program room a mess, Summer Reading not planned, our desk chaos, and my office akin to the bog of eternal stench (oh wait...that's the incubator). 

No comments:

Post a Comment