Tuesday, March 13, 2012

6 New Babies!

Great news this morning!  I had 6 chicks waiting for me in the incubator when I got in this morning!  That brings our total up to 12 chicks that hatched! 

We are also very happy to announce that both Zippy and Tacky hatched!  Hooray!

So, to recap:

1: J24 / Toto
2: J22 / Adele
3: J17 / Aggie
4: J6 / Billy
5: V14 / Marley
6:  V15 / CP2
7:  J15
8:  V8 / Tacky!
9:  V9
10:  J18
11:  V6
12:  V12 / Zippy!

A word to you all though, we seem to have 2 chicks with the dragging sack syndrome.  We don't really expect those two to make it, but they could!  They are hanging out in the incubator. 

The chicks can stay in the incubator for up to 24 hours before getting food and water so we should be okay.  Billy is going to be transferred to the brooder box soon.  I was worried that he would get pecked by the other chicks because he's showing red, but we just got a red heat lamp (thanks Shirley!) and that will help mask his red fluids (see how careful I'm trying to be...I don't want to traumatize any of my young readers!). 

So great news!  I will be posting some videos very shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment