Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 18 - What big Feet you have!

So, I was looking at this book today, Looking at Life Cycles: Chicken by Vitoria Huseby, and I was reminded about the babies' feet. This book is a great quick overview of the chicken lifespan for the very youngest people and covers what happens in the egg, how chickens grow, and discusses briefly how female chickens brood over their nests. I was looking at the fabulous pictures of the interior of the egg and saw one picture of a chick just hatching out and it reminded me of last year. Last year was the first time I had ever seen a chick just coming out of an egg and I remember being SO surprised at the size of the chick's feet. They were enormous. Of course they have to support a big healthy chicken eventually, but to see them on babies is really funny. We are so excited! Today is Friday and we are hoping to see them on Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. What size shoes would the chicks wear, if they wore shoes? I suppose girl chicks would wear high heels, and boy chicks would wear loafers.

    ReplyDelete